The Intraoral Camera Lets You See What Your Dentist Does
A significant part of successful dental practice is patient education. Often, patients are anxious or intimidated by dentists, who may sometimes find it challenging to explain dental procedures to patients. An intraoral camera is a great tool that makes a dentist appointment more engaging and educational. Learn more about this dentistry gadget below.
Intraoral Camera Explained
An intraoral camera is a small, lightweight, pen-shaped tool that contains a camera and an LED light. It connects to a TV screen to display the images of the inside of your mouth. This means that you get to see what your dentist sees to ask questions and understand your diagnosis better.
Advantages of An Intraoral Camera
Intraoral cameras are a vital part of dental practice also for the following advantages:
- Faster diagnosis: The high-definition images can help your dentist in Methuen to identify cavities and fractures clearly, sometimes without the need for an x-ray.
- Monitoring patient progress: An intraoral camera provides before and after images to keep track of healing.
- Faster insurance claims: Dentists can send images can to dental insurance providers as evidence of treatment.
- Improved dentist-patient relationship: Patients can have greater peace of mind because they can learn more about their dental health and spend less time in the dentist's chair.
- Great for children and teens: Dentists can use an intraoral camera to ease tension for younger patients as they see and understand how the gadget works.
To see how an intraoral camera works, get in touch with your dentist in Methuen and schedule your appointment. Feel free to ask your dentist all about this gadget and other dental health questions too.
Get Your Intraoral Dental Exam Appointment Today
Whether you need a routine dental exam or have concerns about your teeth, get your checkup done with an intraoral camera at Methuen Family Dentistry. Call us today.